We currently have an opening for a Communications Intern*. This is a wonderful opportunity to get hands-on experience in communications, marketing and PR. A great resume and portfolio builder! See job description below (*NOTE: this is an unpaid position)
Hiscock Legal Aid Society
Title: Communications and Marketing Intern (20 hours per week)
Date: September 2012
Reporting to the Director of Development, responsible for managing external communications.
- Coordinate all publicity and media efforts on behalf of HLAS
i. Identify, prioritize, prepare and distribute press releases
ii. Develop relationships with CNY media representatives
iii. Actively work with the HLAS Staff, Board (general and committees) and Development Director to research and present story ideas to various media outlets.
iv. Track results of efforts to include press releases which are published, news items covered in various media, analysis of web statistics, etc.
- Coordinate Social Media – Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, blogs etc. accounts.
- Participate in the Community Relations subcommittee of the Board of Trustees (CRC)
- Work with Development Director/media representatives to create and implement Marketing Plan annually
- Coordinate with Director of Development and CRC members to update and maintain marketing materials (Fact Sheets, brochures)
- Participate in planning for VOICES, Alumni, Planned Giving Events
- Assist with document design and creation for associated materials (posters, postcards, flyers, invitations, etc)
- Prepare press releases/alerts for distribution to media
- Distribute email invitations (when appropriate) and post event notifications and updates on all social media accounts
- Coordinate with the Director of Development regarding the content to be placed on the website, developing further modifications to the website, as well as keeping the website up-to-date with current and relevant information, pictures, videos, forms, surveys, etc.
- Use tools provided to update areas of website including uploading press releases.
a. Coordinate with the Director of Development and CRC member (Matt Parry) to develop content outline and timeline for each edition (target: 3X/year)content
b. Coordinate assignments and follow up with content providers and/or provide content/photos when applicable
c. Participate in editing process
d. Work with printer to finalize design and expedite printing and coordinate with Director of Development and Administrative Assistant to produce/forward mailing list to Integrated Marketing
- All other duties as specified by the Director of Development